Website health checks are the same as regular online checks at trusted GPs. On the surface it may not be a problem, but it’s important to make sure everything is working as expected and report any concerns before it becomes a serious problem.
Here are some of the top health indicators on your website:
- Website speed If your website is slow, your visitors will be impatient and click away. Quick health checks can help you determine if your site is running at the fastest possible speed and diagnose areas that need to be optimized. You can check the speed of your website here on Google (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/).
- Mobile responsiveness The use of mobile websites is an important and growing source of online traffic. If your site isn’t mobile-friendly, most users will be automatically excluded. If it’s not mobile-enabled, Google will reduce traffic to your website. Is your website mobile responsive?
- Keyword optimization It’s important to put the right keywords in the right places on the page so that they appear in search results. You need to make sure that the key phrase appears in the URL of the page, the title of the browser, the title of the page, and the page itself. Use Google’s Keyword Planner to see what keywords your audience is searching for.
- Server reliability Health checks allow you to monitor website downtime and server speed. Performance can vary widely from hosting company to hosting company, allowing you to determine if your host is doing a good part of your business.
The Google Page Speed Test (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/) will tell you if you need to reduce the response time of your server. 5. Page rank PageRank is very important because it is used by Google to determine its position in the search rankings. PageRank ranges from 0 (low) to 10 (high), accurately indicating the importance of your site across the web.
Where are you sitting Find it here on Alexa.com. You can even check your competition! (Http://www.alexa.com/).
- Page errors and broken links HTML, CSS, or XML coding errors and broken links can make it difficult for users to navigate your site and affect updates and maintenance. They appear to be non-professionals and leave a negative impression of your company on your visitors.
Google will tell you if you need to fix them. https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/).
- Backlink Backlinks are external links to your website, and the more you have, the more important your website is and the higher your rank. Healthy websites often have a lot of juicy backlinks from reputable sites.